The ACACIA project wants to produce outcomes and resources that can help us to understand and improve asthma in African children. In 2019 our focus is to collect information from children with asthma. We will publicise our first outcomes and ressources in 2020.
Publications related to ACACIA
- Oyenuga V, Mosler G, Addo-Yobo E et al. 2021: Asthma Symptom Severity and Diagnosis in Adolescents in sub-Saharan Africa. European Respiratory Journal 2021 58: OA2565; doi: 10.1183/13993003.congress-2021.OA2565
- Mosler G, Oyenuga V, Addo-Yobo E et al. 2021: Asthma Symptoms, Knowledge, and Perception in Sub-Saharan African Adolescents - Preliminary Results of the Achieving Control of Asthma in Children in Africa (ACACIA) Study. American Journal of Respiratory and Critical Care Medicine 2021;203:A1735; doi: 10.1164/ajrccm-conference.2021.203.1_MeetingAbstracts.A1735
- Mosler G, Oyenuga V, Addo-Yobo E et al. 2020: Achieving Control of Asthma in Children in Africa (ACACIA): protocol of an observational study of children's lung health in six sub-Saharan African countries. BMJ Open,10:e035885. doi:10.1136/bmjopen-2019-035885
- Sheikh A, Campbell H, Balharry D et al. 2019: The UK’s Global Health Respiratory Network: Improving respiratory health of the world’s poorest through research collaborations. J. Glob. Health, 9(2), 020104
'In Control' reloaded - an educational theatre about asthma
- 'In Control' Nigeria: full performance video
Papers and Reports:
Adeloye D, Chan KY, Rudan I, Campbell H. An estimate of asthma prevalence in Africa: a systematic analysis. Croat Med J. 2013;54:519-31.
Global Initiative for Asthma. Pocket Guide for Asthma Management and Prevention. 2018. 28p.
Global Initiative for Asthma. The Global Asthma Report 2018. 92p.
Harris K, Mosler G, Williams SA, Whitehouse A, Raine R, Grigg J. Asthma control in London secondary school children. J Asthma [Internet]. 2017;54(10):1033-40.
Mosler G, Euba T. Taking control through drama. Lancet [Internet]. 2017;6736(17):1-2.
GAN (Global Asthma Network)
GINA (Global INitiative for Asthma)
Impala (International and Multidisciplinary Programme to Address Lung health and TB in Africa)
- My Asthma in School